Mitchell's 5th Birthday

Mitchell's 5th Birthday

Mitchell's 4th Birthday

Mitchell's 4th Birthday
February 2011
Powered by Blogger.

Nov 2010

Mitchell's 3rd Birthday

Mitchell's 3rd Birthday
Feb 2010

Monday, August 22, 2011

"Isn't This a Nice Time?"

If I had to choose Mitchell's most popular phrase, that would be it: "Isn't this a nice time?"  He says it 50 times a day, and although at times the repetitiveness of it gets on our nerves, it has caused us to seriously reflect on the insights of this little boy.  Often after that question, he follows it with observations, "The sky is so blue," "It's such a beautiful day," "We're having so much fun," etc.  He's our own little Pollyanna.  I'm so grateful for that.  How could you not be a happy person with an influence like that in your life?  Even on days where life just seems a little too much, Mitchell will ask me, "Isn't this a nice time?" and gratefully I'm forced to step back and look at my three little ones around me, my totally amazing husband, and our lovely home then respond with, "Yes Mitchell, it really is."  Life is SO hard sometimes, but also SO great! 

Mitchell has his quarterly MRI this Wednesday, August 24th.  I don't know how I feel about it because honestly we just try to live in the moment and I've really not thought too much about it.  Physically, he's doing spectacularly well.  We recently signed him up for gymnastics.  Obviously he will need our help to complete many tasks, but I think he'll enjoy the exercise a lot more than traditional physical therapy.  Emotionally, he is struggling a bit more.  He cries at the drop of a hat and loses his temper quite easily too.  Could it be the tumor?  VERY possible.  Could it be a 4-year-old's moodiness?  Absolutely.  I remember Jackson causing me some serious grief about this age.  Hopefully the MRI will look great and Mitchell will have some harsher consequences for his misbehavior as a result...probably not though. :)  I admit, however, I am a bit nervous about sending him to preschool without me shadowing him every second.  Yes, call me the helicopter parent--I'm keeping my birdies in the nest as long as possible! 

We appreciate your prayers and support.  I am so impressed by how our friends and family continue to walk this path with us because I'm afraid if the role was reversed, I might have abandoned ship by now.  It has been a great example to me of enduring service and love.  Thank you all!

6 comments:

ronandlindahatfield said...

Good luck on Wed. We are praying for all of you

Saimi said...

Preschool, he's starting preschool?? Is he really that old already? WOW!
Time flies!

Sending prayers your way.

Mary said...

Prayers for good news tomorrow.

Darcee said...

Praying sincerely for your family. Thinking of you always, but especially tonight and tomorrow.

sarahplainandtall said...

Hello!

I've been praying for Mitchell ever since I met yall at the RM house in Seattle back in December....

It is so uplifting to hear that he has such a positive attitude!

I found that Endurance, my baby brother who had a heart problem, was so happy and joyful, how could I not be around him??!!

God Bless..

Keep Smiling:)

In Him,
Sarah Holston

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Sarah,
We appreciate your prayers VERY much and are so touched that you continue to offer that service for our family. What a blessing!

How is your family doing?

Thanks again,
Amy