Mitchell's 5th Birthday

Mitchell's 5th Birthday

Mitchell's 4th Birthday

Mitchell's 4th Birthday
February 2011
Powered by Blogger.

Nov 2010

Mitchell's 3rd Birthday

Mitchell's 3rd Birthday
Feb 2010

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Nov 13, 2010 PM



Today was filled with many highs and some lows. Mitchell finally woke up at 9am. His nurse was touching him and said, "Sorry I have cold hands." He tried to get up and rubbed his hands together telling her, "You go like this to get them warm." Then he asked for "panpakes." When I didn't get them right away, he reminde...d me to "Go get my panpakes." That gave us a good laugh. He ate well and got excited to see his brother this morning. Jackson was a little nervous to see his brother so altered. We were released out of ICU by noon'ish. Mitchell looked pretty good until 3'ish when he started showing signs of pain. He's not a kid to complain, so when he was batting away help I knew he wasn't feeling well. Plus he kept scratching his stitches. They gave him some pain relief, which got him acting more himself again. He is still very much not himself though and sometimes thoughts of "what-if" and worst case scenarios flood my mind. Gratefully I married the most positive guy around who gives me great strength. Mitchell LOVES his daddy so he's been relying on him too. Our parents have sacrificed and taken great care of us. We feel so blessed. This is a humbling experience. It has made me realize how selfish I've been when others needed my prayers and strength and I only gave a small part of what I could. We will never be able to adequately thank all of you. How blessed we are and indebted to all of you who have fasted, prayed, and added our names to prayer rolls (even the Mormon Tabernacle Choirs'!). We read your comments,etc and they have deeply touched us. Thank you. Please continue to pray for excellent biopsy results! ;) With Love, The Hatfields

No comments: