Mitchell's 5th Birthday

Mitchell's 5th Birthday

Mitchell's 4th Birthday

Mitchell's 4th Birthday
February 2011
Powered by Blogger.

Nov 2010

Mitchell's 3rd Birthday

Mitchell's 3rd Birthday
Feb 2010

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spoken Too Soon

I think we're getting the hang of this chemo stuff, or at least are understanding how it's going to work a little more. While Mitchell felt well enough all of last week, as I mentioned in the previous post, he threw up a little last Sunday. On the same day he began a mild fever that lasted for a few days and a terrible cough developed too. On Wednesday he also threw up again. We spent Tuesday and Wednesday mornings at the doctor's office checking for flu and RSV as a precautionary measure since the chemo wipes out his blood counts. He has been very irritable (can't blame him), and hasn't had much of an appetite. By the end of the week, however, he was feeling better. You know he's not feeling well when, in his prayers, he says, "Please bless me, myself, to get better soon."

Poor little Eden caught the cold bug too and for whatever reason got really sick. I hate watching my kiddos endure illness, but ESPECIALLY sick babies when they struggle to breathe. My Eden doll could barely get a breath in and kept gagging on milk/food. Yesterday she ran a fever of 103, so I took her to the ER just to make sure it wasn't pneumonia. Gratefully she doesn't have pneumonia, but did test positive for RSV and has an ear infection.

Between the two sick kiddos and Jackson's strange unquenchable thirst in the night, we've had some rough nights. GRATEFULLY...gratefully my mama is here to help care for all of us. Thank heavens for moms! I haven't gotten any cleaning or other projects I dreamed of completed while she has been here, but on well; maybe next year will look up. In the meantime, watch your step around my house.

Tomorrow is our bi-monthly infusion. Cross your fingers that the pass is good.

No comments: