Mitchell's 5th Birthday

Mitchell's 5th Birthday

Mitchell's 4th Birthday

Mitchell's 4th Birthday
February 2011
Powered by Blogger.

Nov 2010

Mitchell's 3rd Birthday

Mitchell's 3rd Birthday
Feb 2010

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Dec 19, 2010


Friday Mitchell was doing great and got to leave the hospital. Chad and I had to get passed off on how to administer his IV antibiotics through his port. VERY serious business. We were so excited to be out of the hospital!!! Plus, it was Eden's three month birthday, so we celebrated a bit.

Yesterday my sister and her kids drove here to visit, and we had a party with them. Mitchell kept asking for chips and salsa at the hospital, and it evolved into a party with his cousin Liam (in the picture) who is one of his best buds. So last night we did the nacho party and had fun.

In the middle of the night Mitchell woke up saying his tummy hurt. We sat him on the potty, and he did a #2, so we thought all was solved. Nope. More whimpering and tummy problems. After a couple hours, Chad took him to the ER. X-rays showed his colon is completely full and this morning he tested positive for kidney stones on both sides. Nice. I cannot believe how much pain my poor guy has to endure. I tried not to get my hopes up, but this royally stinks! I wish there was an "I'm done!" button. I guess we did have ONE day of fun. We are all so tired and worn out and we still have a long ways to go. It would be nice to stay out of the hospital for a few days.

On a positive note, THANK YOU to all for the notes, packages, treats/gifts, etc...it feels so good to know the kind of support we have from friends and family.

Merry Christmas week!

No comments: