Mitchell's 5th Birthday

Mitchell's 5th Birthday

Mitchell's 4th Birthday

Mitchell's 4th Birthday
February 2011
Powered by Blogger.

Nov 2010

Mitchell's 3rd Birthday

Mitchell's 3rd Birthday
Feb 2010

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dec 7, 2010 PM



I was weak today.
I felt much better this morning. Chad (who by the way should earn the father of the year award,) called this morning and said they decided Mitchell could do radiation today. Yay! I was excited. He had to fast again though, because he had just eaten breakfast. They transported him to the other hospital where the radiation machine is via ambulance (although they couldn't turn on their alarms b/c it wasn't an emergency--lame) and everything went well. The anesthesiologist thought Mitch looked so great--he did.

Tonight after I got back from feeding Eden, Mitchell looked pained. I laid by him and for the first time he complained of pain in the head. Then we noticed a fever. Next, his CSF fluid was cloudy. He began screaming in pain, which is so not like him. The doctor dropped the word meningitis and I broke. Chad took over and I went to the bathroom to regain my composure and talk to Heavenly Father. I don't exactly know what to say anymore, so I just asked Heavenly Father to not let him suffer and do whatever is best. I especially asked for Him to show His hand tonight.

After Tylenol Mitchell's temp plateaued, and he was more talkative--closer to normal. His blood draws look good and his fluid from last night was great, and they said bacteria would have showed up then. He dumped a bunch of fluid, which helped. The conclusion now is he was overloaded. Most likely post-surgery fever+radiation headache+fasting/fatigue=too much. We should know more after tonight.

So thankful I have a faithful husband who can keep pushing me forward when I don't see the steps. Heavenly Father did show me His hand; I know He's here.

No comments: